Thursday, July 24, 2008

Credit Cards

Today we had to run a bunch of errands that included going to Target. Lily asked if she could get a toy and I said to her, "it costs $10. Do you have $10?" She said "no" and promptly changed the subject. I found something that I wanted, picked it up and put it in the cart. Lily asked, "how much is that?" I said, "It's $12.99." She asked, "Do you have $12.99?" I replied that I was going to use my credit card but that just meant I would have to pay for it later and that really using credit cards is a bad habit. I was hoping that would keep her from asking me for something else. Later we went to MacDonald's and when the cashier told me the total cost for our lunch, Lily said, "Mommy, don't use your credit card! It's a bad habit!" The cashier and the lady behind us in line started laughing and then the lady behind us with tears in her eyes asked Lily, "Who told you to say that?...Your daddy?"
By the way...I did get the new ballcock for my toilet (luckily I found it myself and didn't have to ask anyone for it) and I installed it. It seems to be working fine.

No comments: